Tuesday, March 2, 2010






…Boy was I wrong about day four. On the way back to the room, I ran into a snorkel group that hadn’t yet hit the sea. Their small, quiet outing quickly took a 180. Within 10, maybe 15 minutes, the boat was chock full of Twits. The ride out was choppy, but fun, and the guide was super chill. He docked us the first time in a shallow pool-like spot that had the classic Caribbean green sea color. The snorkeling was superb, the coral, out of this world. TJ took Max and Ted out first, and then when they all came back, I headed out. From the boat with Gus, I kept hearing, “I saw Dori” and “that was the giantest manta ray in the world,” (which may be true). We saw barracuda, lobster, conch, trumpet fish, parrot fish and a gazillion others I can’t remember the names of. Then we headed to an island for reapplication of sunscreen and some cookies. Then we headed for the barrier reef, second in size only to the one off of Australia. Here we saw pretty much the same stuff. I think it was at this point that I stopped worrying about ruining the rude lady’s snorkeling trip. Again, Max and Ted were champs- and lower maintenance than the other four adults on the boat! I had a beer at lunch upon our return and the rest of the day is pretty much a blur. I think it was pool and naps and a very early night after pb&js and microwave popcorn. Gus and I were asleep by 7:30 and everyone else followed suit after some Scooby Doo.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers